T-shirts abound! They are often free gifts at conventions and business events. Or are part of treasured memories from summer camp, a sports team, or school club. After awhile our drawers get stuffed and their memories make the shirts hard to part with. Here are some great ideas for repurposing those beloved (or not so beloved) t-shirts.
1. Make it into a tote bag! Here's an instructional video from Martha Stewart: https://www.marthastewart.com/article/good-thing-t-shirt-bag
2. Make a t-shirt quilt: Instructions here-- https://craftsbyabby.blogspot.com/2009/04/t-shirt-quilt-tutorial-planning.html
3. Turn them into cute underwear: https://belleandburger.blogspot.com/2009/06/panty-tutorial-how-to-make-your-own.html
4. Cut them into 9" squares for washable toilet paper that doesn't ravel!
5. Make pot-holder loom loops from them and weave a variety of fun projects! https://craftsanity.com/?p=2783 (Possible projects include a bath mat, door mat, picnic blanket, table runner, scarf, and a purse--by sewing several squares together.)
6. Turn them into gift wrap! Furoshiki style--
7. Make a throw pillow: https://www.savvyseams.com/apt/tpillow.php,
8. Make a baby hat and donate it to a newborn charity like www.newbornsinneed.org Instructions: https://groceryshrink.typepad.com/the_grocery_shrink_blog/2009/07/preemie-knotted-hat-pattern-download.html
9. Make a t-shirt scarf: Tutorial https://www.rufflesandstuff.com/2009/08/super-easy-t-shirt-scarf.html
Here's another tutorial for a cute t-shirt scarf: https://sewmuchado.blogspot.com/2010/01/ruffle-scarf-tutorial.html
10. Make a cute purse: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=101237.0
11. Make a more fashionable shirt: https://rufflesandrosescrafts.blogspot.com/2009/08/flower-ruffle-tank-tshirt-refashion.html
12. Make a toddler shirt with roses: https://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-girls-skirt-with-fabric-flowers-from-an-adult-t-shirt/2010/01/25/
Have a tutorial for using a t-shirt? Add the link with your comment.